Some of my favorite pieces of gear:
This is by far my favorite lens to use underwater:
- If you shoot with a Nikon body, you’ll need this guy: Tokina 10-17mm lens
- Nauticam housing
- Inon Z240 strobes
- 10-bar snoot
- Sealux housing
- Big Blue video lights
- GoPro Hero3 + 6
- DJI Mavic Pro
- ND Filters – For a cinematic look to your videos
- Controller Knobs – These little guys are a life saver for anyone who wants a little help making their panning a smoother. I have been known to freak out when I can’t find them! They are cheap enough to keep a backup pair, and I definitely recommend doing so.
- Cinebags – I store my Nauticam underwater housing, laptop, and hard drives in this bag. It is super comfortable to wear, and fits in most overhead compartments on planes.
- Microspikes — I will not go out to shoot in winter without this amazing piece of equipment. They allow you to glide effortlessly over sheets of ice.
- Gull Vader Dive Mask — My favorite dive mask by far! Great for photographing models, but not so ideal for shark dives. The curious predators like it a bit too much ;o)
But, TUSA makes a similar mask (M-110) for half the price in chrome: